1. WHAT IS A "NATURAL" PAGEANT A Natural Pageant means that we are, essentially, looking for young ladies who exude a natural, wholesome and beautiful exterior and interior. There will be NO RESTRICTIONS WHATSOEVER on size, weight, ethnicities or physical abilities. At MISS TEEN DREAM we strongly believe that each and every girl deserves to recognize their beauty and worth. We encourage entries from everyone!
All Contestants taking part in the MISS TEEN DREAM PAGEANT SYSTEM event will be prohibited from wearing spray tans, hair pieces, wigs, excessively long eye-lashes and make-up, flippers and must wear outfits that are age-appropriate and stylish. Light, demure, natural make-up is advisable.
2. WHAT ARE THE AGE DIVISIONS? The age divisions are as follows: Teenie Tiny Little Miss Delegates 1-2 years Tiny Little Miss Delegates 3-6 years Little Miss Delegates 7-9 years Pre-Teen Delegates 10-12 years Junior Miss 13-16 years Miss Delegates 17-23 years Ms. Division 25 years and above
3. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO ENTER THE PAGEANT, ARE THERE ANY MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS AND HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENTS? Your 2017 Miss Teen Dream USA National Pageant Fees and Mandatory requirements are as follows:- Mandatory Pageant Entry Fee: $99 - Deadline: May 31, 2017 *Early Bird Special is $300 and expires on March, 1, 2017 (A Saving of $150!) Deadline for Early Bird Mandatory Tickets Sales: $30 All Contestants will be required to sell a minimum of $30 Tickets sales.
You will have the opportunity to pay for your 2017 Miss Teen Dream USA Midsummer's Queen Pageant Fees online by using the Miss Teen Dream USA website, by mailing your check and Application Form together with paying by major credit and debit cards. (Appropriate Service and Administrative Fees will apply)
4. WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY FEES? The Mandatory Pageant Entry Fee includes entry into *The 2nd Annual 2017 Miss Teen Dream USA Opening Ceremony Royalty Procession *Talent Competition - (All Divisions with the exception of Teenie Tiny Little & Tiny Little Division) *Congenial Competition - All Divisions *Evening Wear/Beauty Competition - All Divisions * On-Stage Interview - (All Divisions with the exception of Teenie Tiny Little Miss Division) *Invitation to the "Miss Teen Dream Pageant Camp" where you will be able to learn all there is to know about Miss Teen Dream, essential information about make-up, hair and styling, learn your Pageant Walk and also, most importantly, bond and make friends with all the other fabulous Contestants too!
5. WHAT ARE THE MANDATORY COMPETITIONS THAT I WILL NEED TO COMPETE IN? All Delegates will be required to participate in the Competitions below:- *2017 MISS TEEN DREAM OPENING CEREMONY ROYALTY PROCESSION - All Divisions *TALENT COMPETITION - All Divisions with the exception of Teenie Tiny Little & Tiny Little Miss Division *CONGENIAL COMPETITION - All Divisions *EVENING WEAR/BEAUTY - All Division *PERSONAL INTERVIEW - Junior Miss/Miss and Ms. Divisions only *ON-STAGE INTERVIEW - All Divisions with the exception of Teenie Tiny Little Miss Division
6. DO I HAVE TO ENTER ANY OF THE ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL COMPETITIONS AND HOW WILL IT AFFECT MY OVERALL SCORE? No. You are not be be required to enter any of the other additional category. This is entirely up to you and it will not affect the overall primary Judges Scoring which is based on mandatory categories that are included in your Entry Fee - Opening Ceremony, Talent, Evening Wear and Interview Section). The cost for entering the Additional Categories vary as follows: Additional Optional Categories include: "PHOTOGENIC" "RUNWAY MODEL" "TV COMMERCIAL BREAK" "AROUND THE WORLD" PLEASE NOTE: All Sponsorship Registration Fee will include Paypal Fee and Administrative Charges
7. CAN I GET SPONSORS TO HELP ME PAY FOR MY SPONSORSHIP REGISTRATION FEE? Yes, most definitely! In fact, we actively encourage it! If you are able to access either family, friends or acquaintances then this is great! You may also want to contact local businesses such as Supermarkets, Banks, Beauty salons, Hairdressers, Doctors offices, local shops any other organization that you feel may be interested in sponsoring you. You can have either one sponsor or many who are ready to support your entry into the Pageant. Having a sponsors allows you to alleviate the financial burden that can sometimes be associated with entering Pageants so you can concentrate on being the "VERY BEST YOU CAN BE".
A couple of suggestions before you go ahead though! When making your appointment with a potential sponsor, always make sure that, even in your initial telephone conversation, that your introduction is full of personality, politeness and enthusiasm - this is your "1st foot through the door". Once you have "wowed" them over, then ask if you can arrange an appointment to visit them personally, take all the information down, paying close attention to accurately spelling names, streets, email, etc. Ensure that you dress neatly and appropriately, that your hair, hands and make-up are simple, pretty and natural, and that you have prepared great responses to any potential questions that you may be asked. This is also a wonderful way to practice your interview technique and public speaking too!!
8. HOW MANY DAYS WILL WE NEED TO BE AT THE PAGEANT? The Pageant will take place over the duration of 2 day period days.
9. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN PART IN A PAGEANT BEFORE. WILL I RECEIVE TRAINING BEFORE THE PAGEANT DAY? Yes, you will! And what's more, 1 and a half day-"BE COURAGEOUS! BE AMAZING! BE MISS TEEN DREAM" PAGEANT TRAINING CAMP which is ABSOLUTELY FREE where will be able to to run you through all the necessary details of the day such as interview, talent and etiquette training together with the all important "Pageant Walk". This course is worth in excess of $300! The Pageant Camp is also an amazing opportunity where you will be able to learn all there is to know about Miss Teen Dream, essential information about make-up, hair and styling, and most importantly, bond and make friends with all the other fabulous Delegates too!
10. WHAT HAPPENS IN THE PERSONAL AND ON-STAGE INTERVIEWS? Delegates taking part in the Jr. Miss, Miss and Ms. will be required to undergo a Personal Interview with a panel of Judges prior to the Pageant event itself . The interview will consist of the Judges Panel asking you who questions that you previously submitted in "Personal Profile" section of your completed Finalist's Registration Form.
The interview will last no longer than 5 (three) minutes in duration. All State Delegates will be required to be dressed in formal interview outfits, heels, appropriate make-up and footwear. During the Evening Wear competition, all Delegates (with the exception of Delegates in the Teenie Tiny Little Miss Division 1-2 years) will take part in an on-stage interview which twill be based on information given to the Pageant in their Personal Profile submissions.
This interview will allow the Judges Panel to see an extension of the Delegate's compassionate nature, knowledge of current and social affairs, intelligence, conversational skills as well as beauty and will, ultimately, contribute to the deciding factor of who will be crowned the Divisional Queen. Delegates will receive full training at the Pageant Training Camp.
11. I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO WEAR. WHAT OUTFITS WILL I NEED FOR THE PAGEANT WEEKEND? As a Miss Teen Dream State Appointed Delegate, there will be 3 mandatory outfits required over the weekend period. This will increase accordingly if you enter any of the Additional Optional Competitions. We will be able to assist you every step of the way with guiding you about your wardrobe selection. Please find below a list for the attire that you will need over the Pageant weekend:- Mandatory Attire List Outfit 1 & 5: Arrival At Pageant: Interview Attire (Mandatory) All Delegates will be required to wear a smart Interview Attire on arrival to the Pageant for registration. Your attire can make up a formal business skirt suit, peplum or similar style dress with jacket, natural make-up, modest accessories and nude colored court shoes. Junior Miss, Miss and Ms. Division Delegates can either wear the same suit or bring an alternative for their Personal Interview with the Judges Panel - the choice is yours. Outfit 2: Attire During Pageant Weekend (Mandatory) All Delegates will need to wear their official Miss Teen Dream USA T-Shirts, black leggings and flat black shoes throughout the Pageant weekend. T-Shirts are available for purchase from the Miss Teen Dream USA website. Outfit 3: Evening Wear Competition (Mandatory) For mandatory "Evening Wear", young girls under the age of 8 years may wear cupcake, flower girl-style dresses or floor length gowns which are age-appropriate. For older Delegates, you may want to wear a floor-length, evening, ball or prom style garment that will reflect your poise and elegance. Be sure to finish it off with coordinating footwear and accessories too that will allow you to further “shine!” There is no need to go out and purchase a brand new outfit and spend unnecessary money either! If you have something awesome in your closet that you’d like to wear that is appropriate or you want to borrow a garment from a sister or friend then that’s great too! There are so many wonderful consignment stores to choose from that I am sure you will find something stunning, elegant and befittingly beautiful!
Additional Optional Competitions Attire Talent and Runway - Additional Optional Competitions (AOC) (Optional) Delegates are free to “express yourself” with your garment selection but please make sure that it is tasteful, age-appropriate and in keeping with the theme of the Talent or Runway. Attire must be cleared in advance 21 days prior to the Pageant by emailing a photo of you wearing your assemble. Around The World - Additional Optional Competition (AOC) (Optional) We are encouraging all Delegates to represent their Country's choice by expressing their heritage with their costume choice. TV Commercial Break - Additional Optional Competition (AOC) (Optional) Delegates taking part in this AOC will be required to wear their Miss Teen Dream USA T-Shirts together with black leggings, black flat footwear and diamond stud earrings
15. HOW WILL THE JUDGES SCORES WORK? The scoring is very simple! Scores will be based on the following: Teenie Tiny Little Miss Dream (1-2 years) Prettiest Hair 33% Prettiest Smile Photographic Competition 33% Pageant Wear /Beauty 34% Tiny Little Miss Dream (3-6 years) Prettiest Smile Photographic Competition 33% Talent: 33% Pageant Wear /Beauty/Deportment 34% Little Miss Dream (7-9 years) and Pre-Teen Miss (10-12 years) Talent 33% Evening Wear/Beauty/Deportment 33% On-Stage Interview & Personality 34% Jr. Miss (13-16 years), Miss Teen (17-23 years) and Ms. 25 Years and above Personal Interview 25% Talent 25% Evening Wear/Beauty/Deportment 25% On-Stage Interview & Personality 25%
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners. Scholarship Cash Prizes will be awarded to the Winners of each Division. Additional Optional Competition Scoring The scoring for each of the Additional Optional Categories (Runway/Cover Girl/Around The World/Commercial Break and Photogenic) will be judged and determined using a scale of 1-13 (1 for bad - 13 for excellent) Winners of the Optionals will receive a Custom Banner, Crown and Certificate.
16. DO I NEED TO SELL TICKETS, ADVERTISING SPACE OR OTHER PURCHASES? Yes, it will be mandatory for all Delegates to adhere to the following:-
PAGEANT EVENT TICKETS: It is a Mandatory Requirement for all Contestants to sell a minimum of $30 (Thirty Dollars Only) worth of tickets for the Pageant event which can be a combination ticket rates. Please Note: Sunday Grand Gala Tickets are limited so we STRONGLY ADVISE that you BOOK EARLY to avoid disappointment. Tickets may be available on the day but will be based on a first come/first served basis. If you are not able to sell the full amount then you will be responsible for paying the difference. If you have received a FABA award then you will be expected to sell an additional $50 (Fifty Dollars) worth of tickets to satisfy your scholarship criteria.
ALL DEPOSITS AND REGISTRATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
17. WHERE DO I SIGN UP? Please feel free to Pre-Register for the Pageant by CLICKING HERE and we'll be happy to contact you once our official Registration commences. And... don't forget! If you pay your fees by October 23, 2018, you will receive a 60% Discount on your Mandatory Registration Fee!! Don't forget, we have included the PayPal service charge and admin fee onto the total.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you on-board!
PLEASE NOTE: Only Inquiries Received From Contestants Who Have Obtained Prior Parental/Guardian Consent and Approval Before Contacting The Pageant Will be Considered. Thank You.
PLEASE NOTE: FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ALL CONTESTANTS WILL REQUIRE THE PERMISSION AND WRITTEN CONSENT OF A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING OUR PAGEANTS
Agreement By submitting the Registration to the MISS TEEN DREAM USA PAGEANT, you are agreeing to the following below: The MISS TEEN DREAM USA Competition is based on Natural Beauty, overall stage presence and personality. ALL CONTACT with the MISS TEEN DREAM USA PAGEANT must be made by a PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN for any girl wishing to take part in the Pageant and correspondence will only be made with said parent or guardian. Miss Teen Dream USA, its directors, associates, or any other personnel associated with the Pageant will not be held responsible for the loss of personal items, injury, theft, or illness. We will have permission to use the photographs taken at the Pageant for publicity, promotional and for use on our website, publicity and any other media and promotional material. Judges decisions are final. Any Contestant, relative or guest displaying sportsman-like, crude or unsavory behavior will be disqualified and monies will not be refunded. All use of photography or video filming is prohibited by any person in attendance. All video and photography will be reproduced in a reputable and discerning and refined manner. All returned checks will incur a $35 fee. On completing this online Registration, you are agreeing to the regulations and agreement of MISS TEEN DREAM USA and will do what is necessary to observe our statues. In the event that this is not adhered to, then, unfortunately, the Finalist will be disqualified and any prizes awarded will be returned forthwith to THE MISS TEEN DREAM USA PAGEANT immediately. You also understand that all Registration and Additional Optional Category Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE should you wish to no longer take part in the Pageant. Your personal information supplied herein will not be sold, transferred or shared with any outside organization.